11 August 2008

Disaster Movie

Okay, so last week, as I was logging into everyone's favorite social networking site, my neighbor's internet dropped me as it frequently does, and I was given the chance to look at all the lame ads and shit that they cover their login page with. That day's theme happened to be another movie that I'm sure paid them hefty loads of cash to plaster the site with flash vids galore. The movie was Disaster Movie, apparently another movie by the same daft shits that continued the Scary Movie franchise long after the Wayans brothers realized the monster they created.

It's rather ironic that they would name their movie Disaster Movie, seeing as they probably just started making that one the week they started editing Meet the Spartans and had no idea as to how much of a critical disaster it was going to be.

I personally think that Jason Friedberg and Aaron Sletzer could definitely be considered for the title of "most unoriginal human beings on Earth."

I understand that it takes effort and time to create a movie, I myself have been involved in film making for a few years, so I can see where anyone who would want to defend them would be coming from, but seriously, if the only thing you can write is a parody, you should probably stick to making your own commentary on a blog like this.

It'd be one thing if the jokes were well thought out and well delivered, but from what I have seen of their "films", they're just the stupid jokes that I would make walking out of the theatre after seeing a bad movie like The Ring or Hulk, jokes that I would probably make once, get a few laughs, and move onto more intelligent conversation like where to eat or what movie am I looking forward to seeing next.

I certainly do not plan to waste money, time, or kb/s on any of the Scary Movie spinoffs, in fact, the only thing I plan to waste my time on doing is carefully typing up a blog from the comfort of my computer chair, because I don't have a life, so I spend my time attempting to ruin others.

Fuck you.

No comments: